Preventative care for you cat is the best way to keep them healthy and happy!
Annual physical examinations are just as important for your cat as they are for you. Our feline companions cannot tell us how they are feeling, so bringing them in for preventative care and wellness exams on a regular basis is vital to keeping them as healthy as possible.
The exam is an opportunity to develop a picture of your cat’s overall health. These exams also help us to spot potential medical issues before they become serious concerns. They also allow you, a partner in your cat’s health, to ask important questions about your cat’s health, habits and daily care. No question is too small or too silly, and it is our pleasure to address your concerns. We want you to be informed and comfortable in all aspects of your cat’s health and lifestyle. We will provide you information about home health care for your cat and offer important advice and new information on the care of your particular type and breed of cat.
A preventative exam includes:
- Listening to your cat’s heart and lungs
- Checking your cat’s teeth, gums, and mouth
- Evaluating your cat’s eyes
- Examining your cat’s ears and ear canals
- Checking your cat’s lymph nodes, abdomen, and skin
- Feeling the joints and muscles
- Performing laboratory test (urine/blood), if necessary
- Screening for parasites
- Administering vaccinations
- Consulting about your cat’s behavior, appetite, exercise habits, and regular activities at home
- Discussing flea and tick parasite control